For the most part, California has a bad reputation when it comes to normality, but with such a large state, a large amount of regulations must be in effect to keep its population in check. This year, from the strangest to strictly common-sense laws, Lawyers Help Lawyers presents 10 Ridiculous Laws You Didn’t Know About: California
- 1. In Los Angeles County, it is illegal to throw a football, Frisbee, or any other beach toy for the safety of other beachgoers. Failure to comply is a fine up to $1,000.
- 2. In the state of California, it is unlawful to let a dog pursue a bear or bobcat at any time.
- 3. In San Jose and Sunnyvale, it is illegal for grocery stores to provide plastic bags.
- 4. In the state of California, no vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
- 5. In Alhambra, you cannot leave your car on the street overnight without the proper permit.
- 6. In Baldwin Park, nobody can ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
- 7. In Blythe, you are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
- 8. In Fresno, no one may annoy a lizard in a city park.
- 9. In Walnut, no child can wear a Halloween mask without permission from the sheriff.
- 10. In Carmel, a man can’t go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
- Also in Carmel, ice cream wall not allowed to be eaten while standing on the sidewalk, but this was repealed when Clint Eastwood was mayor